With Artificial Turf you will have lush green grass all the time no matter the season, and actually save money in the long run!
The install process for artificial grass installation are as followings:
- Remove existing grass and soil if present.
- Add approx. 3″ – 4″ Class II road base. This will create a level platform for better drainage.
- Then we will install a weed barrier to prevent weeds from growing. Not applicable if we are installing a “PET ” install.
- Fasten the artificial turf using our 5″ or 6″ turf nails or staples for every 6″ along the outside perimeter and every 2′ on the inside areas.
- Tucking the edges makes for a smooth finish.
- Brush up the artificial turf to make the blades stand up vertically.
- Add infill for better appearance, performance and life span of your synthetic grass. We always install Green antimicrobial Acrylic coated sand. Pet infill will be a 50/50 blend of Pet infill and Green infill.
- Brush the turf in between infill applications to achieve “freshly mowed grass” looking with a power broom.
- Rinse the grass of remaining dust and infill.
- Clean all surrounding areas.
Allow 2-3 days for most installation projects less than 1,000 sq. ft. The speed of installation may be depending on the size and the difficulty levels of the project.
Check Out the Pro vs Con for Artificial turf.
- No watering—water bill decreases
- No Mowing—Enjoy your weekends with family
- No mower or edger needed
- No seeding
- Pet messes easier to clean up
- No Seasonal Die-off
- No muddy areas… has drains
- Water bill will keep rising
- Mowing once a week to week and a half
- Mower/Edger gas, oil, spark plugs, wire
- Seed one to two times per year
- Pet messes burn and hard to pick up
- Seasonal Die-off of grass
- Muddy areas in the rainy season
Whatever it takes, we make sure the clients are happy. That’s personal to us. We put everything we have into making your vision come true.Emily Ayala | Owner San Diego Premier Outdoor